Pagina's

dinsdag 24 november 2015

Treasure haul and life update

Life has hit once again. In a beautiful way, and a god damn hard way.
It's cold outside. Inside the fireplace is working it's best while the only sound we often hear is the talking of brother rain, telling calming stories with his little individual touches on our window.
Mother sun is also here. It's like they are fighting. Being confused. As if all the seasons suddenly met above our little house.

There's a sadness in the little house. Due to things that are out of my control I need to find another job which means I have to leave the children. And as if that is not enough, our darling cat has been hit by a car on thursday. He is in bad shape and still with the vet. He won't eat and lost his eye. The trauma must be immense and we live in a little fear. Even though he couldn't be in better hands than those of the vets. It makes my heart warm when I see them so lovingly towards him.
Also, a little giant thank you to our far neighbors who found him and took care of him. You got a place in my heart.

So yes, sad and cold in many ways. And trough all the emotion T. and I wanted to leave. Most of all me, I think. So he took me to Bruges. The city of dreamy little shops.
Afterwards he took me to dinner and the movies. Yes, he's a romantic alright. I couldn't be more thankful.

And in between jumping in rain puddles, drinking hot chocolate and cuddling, I found some little treasures to make my dark days colorful.

If you are sad there is nothing better than surrounding yourself with beautiful things and people. Do it, it will make you happy. And if for some reason you are not able to, send me a message and I will hug you (virtually if I have to) and write the most comforting words to you until you feel better. No one should ever be alone.

Treasure haul


When I wander the streets of Bruges I normally don't buy much, if anything. This time seemed a little different. These little things made me smile. And I needed them. Yes, the little fruit snacks too. 



I've been searching for (fireflies?) perfume oils for a while now. I want to start making scented candles and then I finally found these. Couldn't be more exited.
Pine Wood: Smells like forest. Definitely an autumn smell.
Cranberry: A very sweet smell. Almost candy like. Mmm
Christmas Berry: I couldn't wait to smell this one. It's very cinnamony, warm and cosy. As if you are finding yourself in the most wintery cosy house where cookies are being baked.
Wild Flowers: Summer smell. It actually smells like wild flowers in nature. 
Cinnamon: Very much explains itself.  


Ah, 365 photo project cookies. I couldn't help but take these home and photograph away. It was a little meant to be and T.  loves them. 



I needed one, and found this. I loved it the moment I saw it.


Me and my diaries. I have so many, but this one is a little different (yes, I say that every time). It is one where you only write one sentence each day for five years. And after those years you can actually see how you've grown and what life has given you. 

Fruitsnacks and perfume oils: Essenza
Heart cookies and phone case: Flying Tiger
Fairy lights: Action
Diary: Fnac

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten