Pagina's

zaterdag 14 november 2015

firefly fairy children

It is cold, dark and rainy outside when T and I leave our house.
I'm done working for the day and after being home for an hour, I take T back to work. To the children. I look forward to it. When we arrive, only one baby is still there. They are closing and mama is coming to get her in five minutes. Until then I can't resist and I take her in my arms.
This little one is only 4 months old. She is the youngest of the bunch and melts hearts with her twinkling eyes. I touch her unbelievably long black hair and tell her silently that I love her.
The clock hits six when mama finally picks up her child and we prepare to go to the garden of the day care centre. I already see little lights in the trees and hear children laughing and playing. The atmosphere is different then when I left after work. I like it. It has a gentle cosiness to it. Colleagues become close and parents become friends.

Today is the lantern fest. A little festival the school organizes for the little ones and their parents.
At work I helped the children make their own lantern so I knew how proud they would be if they could walk with it in their little hands.

When we went to the garden the teachers were already playing a part. Children were listening and laughing. I saw fairies everywhere and it made me smile so much.

"Sweetheart, can our kids go to this school?". He asked it with a catching happiness in his voice.
This is the Freinet school. A school where children are welcome in their own way. They learn about nature, life and art.
"I'm glad you're asking". I answer with a smile and I kiss T.
We talked about it while we walked from light to light, play to play, tree to tree. And it felt good. I love dreaming. Looking at the future. It makes me feel safe, most of the time.

We laughed and hugged. We listened to stories and found warmth by the bonfire. It was magical.

Oh, I can't wait to make magic with my own little family...

 









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten